Monday, September 14, 2009

Aunt Betty & Uncle Eric's Big Day

Whew...yesterday was a long and tiring day. It was my aunt Betty's wedding! She held it at Hotel Sofitel in Redwood City. It wasn't that far and not a very long car ride from San Francisco.

I woke up in the morning &had to eat and get ready. I ate &took a shower and changed. Waited for everyone to be ready to leave. We left at around 1-something pm and drove straight to the hotel. Met up with everyone, such as my uncles, aunts, relatives, etc. Went up to the suite my aunt Betty was in and watched her get ready. She had the tea ceremony at 2-something pm and the wedding part where they said "I do" at 4:30-something pm. Reception was afterwards. I ate a few bread and cheese and then I had to go and help out in the ballroom. I had to figure out where each table is and who is sitting where with my younger cousins, Timothy and Preston, and this other guy that's a friend of the groom's. It was a headache because we were missing stuff here and there and it was just all crazy. I think it was because of the tension and stuff to celebrate the wedding. Dinner was alright and stuff. The cake as well. The cake was actually made by the groom's sister, which was pretty awesome. My uncles and aunts were trying to get me to drink, but I refused. They came over so many times luring me to drink. x] They were pretty drunk themselves. Hahahas, they kept drinking. I have not gave in! That was basically the whole night. Left around 1-something am because my aunt Nancy was drunk and kept keeping my aunt Francine. x] Got home around 2-something am probably and had to do the nightly routines and went straight to bed because I was so tired! :)

I had a good night! :) It's fun to see relatives from L.A. come up. I loved their company. They're always so nice and stuff. It was great having their company. I am gonna miss them. They are leaving today. I think they left already, but I am not sure. :\ I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye!

Seriously, I have around sixty+ pictures on my camera. I deleted the bad ones and kept the good ones. And they are uploading so slow on my Internet connection at home, so it's gonna take a while to upload. I am also waiting on other photos from the wedding too! It's going to take awhile before I get all of them though. :\ I'll share a few and link you guys to the album when my pictures are all uploaded. :)

(It's the few recent pictures.)

10 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey are we still affies?

Peter said...

Seems like you had fun. I want to go to a wedding again, haven't been to one in years...

Gillian said...

Lmao glad the blog made you laugh. :)
Are you actually allowed to listen to your iphone and stuff in class? Cause if you are, you're so damn lucky! We aren't allowed in my school so that kid got lucky that the teacher never saw the earphones in his ears, otherwise she would hav confiscated it.

Thanks for the luck, I'm definitely going to need it. xD

Aw sorry to hear that the wedding was a bit crazy. It's always hectic right before it happens, but when it does, it always ends up being beautiful and worth all the trouble hehe. :)

Glad that you had a nice time with your relatives. :D

That's such a cute pic!

Tamara said...

Yeah, the same happened to me. My computer got more interesting and I neglected reading.
I definitely should get more books. Whenever I walk into the book shop in town there are tons of books I'd like to buy :D I could spend my whole day in there looking at the books and reading a bit in them.
Of course, I'd love to stay affiliates :)
The wedding looks beautiful.
I love weddings though I haven't been to one for a really long time. My cousin got married when I was 10 and that's the last wedding I've been to. Her brother would be old enough to marry his girlfriend of at least 9 years, but well, they're probably not ready to get married yet.
My relatives usually try the drink thing too. I often try to refuse, but I usually end up drinking something they offered. Last time my cousin got me something to drink, he mixed the drink, I was a bit drunk cause he thought it would be funny to see me like that by giving me much alcohol in only one drink. I'd better not drink what he offers. Would be better for me ;)

Gillian said...

Yeah that's true. Whoever drew it was lucky that they never got fined. If the janitor didn't have that spray to remove it, then they probably would have gotten fined. Sucks that it's so much money as well. D:

That's awesome that they can't see you listening to music hehe. That's true though, I can't concentrate on the course material if I'm listening to music during class so I try to avoid it.

CATiEBUG said...

Wedding always seem to be so hectic and you would figure after all the time people put into planning them, that they wouldn't be that way because everything would have been looked over and planned so carefully, but no.

The last wedding I went to was last summer and it was my cousins wedding and I was in it as a bridesmaid. The day before the wedding when we had the wedding rehersal, at dinner I started to feel really sick with a headache, sorethroat and such. Woke up the next day feeling worse and had a fever, but I still had to go since it was the day of the wedding.

People act so crazy though at wedding and everyone seems so happy. It's so fun to watch your family members and friends drunk and dancing around like idiots.

Oh! And yes, I still want to be affiliates!

Tiff said...

Yeah TiffanyBee is fine because it's the plog & your site is just a blog. ahaha so they link better together versus the other site that has resources. anyway, i like your layout! i thought this site was like..fake at first because it didn't seem like you but..it is! haha.

i loveee weddingss. :D i like dressing up though & then seeing the bride all dressed up in her big white gown. love that part although your aunt only wore the traditional chinese wedding dress..? or did she wear both but you didn't take a picture of it? the wedding cake looks so cute. i lovez it.

Tiff said...

OH AHAHAHA i thought it was the cake because cakes look like that nowadays. & i actually dig it. i love the look, it's cute. but that's still cute. aw that's sweet of you but nah it's cool. i honestly did thing that this site was fake because it didn't sound like you or something or because you didn't mention it in your post so i was like, "?!?!?!?!?!?!?" but ah here you are.

i know, costco sushi is disgusting. i don't know how anyone eats that. maybe you're allergic to fish or you can't digest seaweed or..something? or the sushi you eat isn't cooked well? or something? i don't know, that's not good. :/

Tiff said...

Uh by the way..you should really fix your comments area because the post comment doesn't show up after you press post comment & then it sends you to this preview page & then you have to type in the captcha but you can't even scroll down to type anything in it..but if you do scroll down, you can't even click post comment..unless you're using chrome.

Cher said...

Sounds like a pretty fun night, but honestly, I don't really like weddings that much. They're not that fun to me, but it's nice that two people who love each other are getting married :) Phew! Bad examples, tsk tsk. ^^ Seeing adults get drunk is so funny, normally they act all "adult-ish" and solemn, but when they get drunk, they're doing all sorts of stuff xP

WOW. That is lllaateee! I feel sorry for you =] At least you had fun.